Inside GFFU: Did you know...?
The GFFU (Gesellschaft der Freunde und Förderer der HHU e.V.) is a foundation administrator, project supervisor, but also a charitable organisation in its own right: We are involved in a large number of charitable projects and initiatives that go far beyond the walls of the university and the borders of Düsseldorf...
On this page, we want to paint a clearer picture of these projects for you. Here are some examples of the activities the GFFU and our foundations are engaged in:
- “Haus der Universität” – establishment and maintenance of an “embassy” of the HHU in the heart of the city
- Funding a position in HIV research for an HHU medic at Adama University in Ethiopia
- Funding international research visits for master’s students lasting several weeks
- “Night of Science” – transfer of knowledge from the universities of Düsseldorf as a “hands-on” event
- Creating a junior professorship & assistant position at the HHU’s Faculty of Business Administration and Economics
- Renovating lecture hall wing 2D of the HHU with well-known murals by Roy Lichtenstein
- Supporting academic diversity/events, e.g. with regard to lectures or colloquia
- Concerts / concert tours for the HHU university orchestra
Do you have any questions about our projects, or do you want to encourage similar initiatives?
We would be happy to advise you – donations of any size are always welcome...
Or are you considering setting up your own foundation ...?
Send an email to the GFFU